Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ode to a new year

It's 7am.  I have a lot to do b4 the clock  strikes 12. Putting the final nail in the coffin of single digits.
2010 is my friend
2010 is my friend
2010 is my friend
My friend
My mantra
I can no longer stand
broken promises
Past mistakes 
Bad attitudes (mine and others)
The final moments of this Bitch
Has brought on the wrath of Satan .
Me clawing my way out of hell
To grasp a New Reality.
A purer version of myself.
The clock ticks
I throw water to protect
From final attacks
I should pray and do
Friends look like
Enimies in these
Last hours
Unwitting pawns
In the war against
Change
Battle fatigued
I hold my bloody flag
A declaration
A tattered note to self:
I AM HEAD BITCH!
Planting it seals
The fate on 'pretty puppy'.
My quiver is full
Hand shaking I take aim
1 arrow
2 then 3
Hitting random targets
Excrement and vomit
Skeleton spooks
Jangle limbs in
Retaliation
I launch more
Arrows
And listen
For the chime
Of the church bells
Out side my window
Not yet 8am
It's gray and cold
Between cracks of 
Curtained windows
I hear the church  bells
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
It's gonna be a long day.

No comments: